Our Reading Club

June 17, 2013


The club just made my day from this first time. well, basically that was the second meeting, but I missed the first one so this became my first chance to share my reading. It was totally fun and worth coming. I've got another 10 review of books from each of them. Really gReat. It was aladeen job!! (hahaha, ini sih sambil pake gaya Bang Faisal Zakaria dan Kak Famel... XD )

I took the Desperately Seeking Paradise, the book of Ziauddin Sardar with me yesterday. Since I planned to finish writing its review for book review post soon, I would not write it here right away. Yet, I would like to list those book reviews which I heard directly from them who finished it. The most significant thing of this club for me is that I can really see how enthusiastic they are when they talked about the book and we, the audience could see it clearly that for some of them, they were really sooo... into their reading. Their passion, their character, their taste, their review telling style, are just great! worth it!
For me, I've got chance to know my friends better, even the new I've just met there. I guess the first impression really varied! Alhamdulillah, shortly said : one more well-spent sunday! :)

Great friends who united us yesterday

So here go our books presented yesterday :
1. Kemi by Adian Husaini (Nazir)
2. The Magician by Michael Scott (Atin)
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Eja)
4. Kiss the Lovely Face of God by Mustafa Mansur (Muhib)
5. Quantum Ikhlas by Erbe Sentanu (Rahmat)
6. Summer in Seoul by Ilana Tan (Ferhatt)
7. Subconcious Mind in  Action (Al)
8. Desperately Seeking Paradise by Ziauddin Sardar (zz)
9. Kesaksian Seorang Dokter (Dini)
10. Golden Bird (Dara)
11. The Great Spirit by Prie GS (Doni)
Children who had a fun time with books
yesterday

Then...
Arriving home, I was welcomed by 'short yet lawak conversation' with my youngest brother. I called him out of his room since I  brought back some snack. When I handed it to him, he was kind of putting smile and said,
"is that a new one?" He pointed out my jilbab, actually. 
"of course not. why?"
"it's so flamboyan... ". then he dissappered from my room door. Haaa???! wait, flamboyan??
*pegimane maksudnya*
"hahaha... what's with the comment?!" 
"nothing, hehehe" He continued answering from his room.
"see, you're so busy, so you even didn't notice my old tudung!"
"..&%)##&*%%%..."
"hahaha"
He's actually busy with his college exam, he is now a saphomore in Civil Engineering at Syiah Kuala University. Hope he gets the good score. I always see that he's worried so much about it. well, look who's talking, I actually have been there, done that, the exactly same thing! XD
So, now, how's the busier one? I just throw the ball, I guess! hahaha...

~It was a blessing for having the wonderful circle. Priceless.
Dan aku melangitkan syukur padaMu ya Rabb, sepenuh sungguh~

ps:
The courtesy of pics belong to Doni, thanks for the capture, dek!^^

4 comments:

アミ said...

pengen gabung, boleh ndak? :D
tapi mesti nunggu libur dulu laahh :|

アミ said...

btw, bukunya dari mana zz? punya personal ya?

Anonymous said...

Great!!!
For me, it's not only a place for sharing review of books, but for getting new books whis are compulsory to read and for practicing my Indonesian accent in speaking. Coz long time I seldom practice it after I went out from KBR Radio Antero .... :-)

Nice club

My Story-Cup said...

@ Ami : Boleh dunk, yok, yok! Tiap hari Minggu, ami, sekarang udah jam setengah 4. Kalau Ami free, sms aja, kita pergi bareng. Ntar biar di-invite ke grup nya, :)
Minggu depan Rahmat nih koordinatornya, :D
ohya, bukunya kita bawa sendiri masing-masing, memang harus buku yang udah kita selesain. ^^
looking forward to meeting you in this club, ami-chan!! :)

@ Rahmat : indeed, I myself feel so blessed to be part of such positive activity. Wow,you were radio anchor? interesting! ^^
and thanks for coming, Rahmat. :)

Post a Comment